Tuesday, February 22, 2011

At the Ballet

The Delta Gamma New York City Alumni group had a group deal for tickets to see Swan Lake at the New York City Ballet. A group of 10 DG alumnae met up for some delicious sangria at a fancy pre-theater restaurant across the street from Lincoln Center. It was great to chat with sisters from across the country. I was lucky enough to have a sister from Zeta Chi, Emily Bunce, there with me!

The theater is absolutely gorgeous.



The curtain was drawn and I got that excited pre-performance feeling as the orchestra began to play. What an amazing ballet. The music, the dancing, the set, the costumes...it was magical. (I admit I teared up at the end when the prince is left alone without his love and the swan princess is condemned to live out the remainder of her life as a swan instead of as a human).

I was pretty bummed about not having a Valentine - I think the last time I was Valentine-less was in the 9th grade. After that I'd always had a boyfriend to take me out or a crush to surprise me with a date or a girlfriend to lament the holiday with. This year I was totally on my own.

Swan Lake was the perfect Valentine's Day treat. It was a little taste of beauty and culture and it made me feel very classy and very New York. Plus everything is beautiful at the ballet...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ballet sounds like fun.. I need a larger attention span first though. Dont worry, im sure by next year you will be happily back to having a Valentine. Besides, Id rather be Valentine-less then stuck with a jerk who gives me flowers.