I had a lot in common with this dude from match. A musician from Long Island with a love of NYC.
After a pleasant dinner and a sampling of fancy beers at a cool bar in the West Village, my date took me to a hole in the wall bar that I absolutely fell in love with. In the cab ride home to my apartment, I thought about my night.
Dinner was delicious. Drinking some of my favorite microbrews was a nice change from my usual routine. And the hole in the wall is sure to be a spot I'll show off to my friends (although I will be a good sport and not take credit for it).
But I realized after my internal recap that the guy I was with had made no impression on me. I remember him telling me that his longest relationship had lasted 3 weeks which seemed extremely odd to me. He also gave me the worst goodnight kiss in the history of goodnight kisses. He pretty much sucked my face sloppily. One hand was creeping up my middle back towards my hair. The other arm hung awkwardly at his side. As our teeth clanked together in a moment of completely uncoordinated awkwardness, I knew this was not an experience I would like to repeat.
Okay so you know cool places in NYC...That don't impress me much.
When I reached my apartment I cranked up some Shania Twain before hitting the hay.
By the way - What in the world was Shania thinking hitchhiking in head to toe faux leapard complete with matching luggage?

No comments:
Post a Comment