Monday, August 22, 2011

Movin' on Up. To the East Side

I GOT A NEW JOB!

I'll be working as a Development Associate at Weill Cornell Medical College in liaison with New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center. It's a serious salary raise, a great job opportunity, and a staff full of warm, helpful, and knowledgeable people.

To get the job was quite a process. I had to submit both an online and a hand written application. I went through 3 interviews over the course of a month - one with my new boss, one with the head of the department that I will be working for, and one with a Human Resources representative. On top of that I had to ace an Excel project.


It was all worth it in the end!

My new office is on 52nd and 3rd so now I'll be working in Midtown East instead of Lincoln Center. (Hence "The Jefferson's" theme song as my blog post title).

I couldn't be more excited to start my next adventure. I'm happy to be putting my grad degree to use. I'm definitely ready to be making more money. It feels great to move up the ladder in the Big Apple.


If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere.

No comments: