I met a guy on jdate who I have a ton in common with. We were just so compatible on paper.
From Long Island, a fundraiser at a nonprofit, lives on the Upper East Side. Things were off to a good start - he treated me to a delicious lunch. We made a second date for dinner and he kissed me good night but it was clear that sparks weren't flying. The conversation felt forced and the kiss had no passion behind it. We said goodnight and went our seperate ways. While he's not a total dud, he's not the guy for me. I didn't expect to hear from him again.
A week later, I received a text from him letting him know that while he enjoyed getting to know me, it just wasn't going to work out. He wished me well. I didn't respond.
Some guys choose to send this "cut off text" while others vanish. Sometimes I prefer the closure while other times, I appreciate the text. I go back and forth - do I want some sort of ending to each love story or is it better to let the relationship run its course and disappear?
Occasionally, I will send a cut off text to a particularly interested dude who can't take a hint. In general, I let things fade out - partly because I don't like the confrontational tone of a cut off text and partly because I assume that a guy I've been out with can get the sense that things are not working out from our in-person experiences.
The vanishing act happens all the time in dating. I'm no magician, but if the magic isn't working, it's time to get the heck off the stage and start looking for another rabbit in a different hat. Hopefully he'll be as cute as this guy:


1 comment:
Personally, I like closure. That way your never left wondering...
Post a Comment