The nautical theme has carried through to all aspects of our wedding, from our sailing engagement photo shoot to the theme to my bridal shower and bachelorette. It must of been on our minds when we booked our rehearsal dinner as well since it was at Morgans Fish House in a room decorated with photos and drawings of sailboats. It was a perfect last party before our wedding. And a great way to thank our guests that traveled to be with us for our special day. We had relatives and friends who came in from Peru, France, California, Colorado, and so many places along the eastern seaboard.
I took a breath before walking into the rehearsal dinner with Alex and my mind kept returning to a memory: right after my dad passed away, Alex took me out for a sail, and in the throws of grief and depression, just for a moment, I focused on the horizon and the sound of the ocean and I knew everything was going to be alright. Sailing has a way of doing that. Of making you feel small and insignificant in the world and at the same time powerful and mighty. And I have Alex to thank for that feeling. Alex taught me to sail and he keeps me calm through our adventures together.
The rehearsal dinner itself was a huge success. Aside from the delicious food and wine, we had so many touching moments with our family and friends. My nerves were calm and my mind was clear. I was ready to face the excitement of our wedding day.

No comments:
Post a Comment