Tuesday, January 8, 2019

2019

Image result for 2019

Time to start another new year with a clean slate.

Overall, 2018's resolution of being more mindful was a success! Some of my habits have been life changing (like making the switch to natural deodorant and hitting the gym). Others have inspired me to take action (like giving blood regularly and buying consignment clothing). And some were good at the time but maybe aren't totally doable for me in the long run (like keeping a daily gratitude journal - now I just jot down things I'm grateful for when I'm feeling blue).

Last year's resolution forced me to take a long hard look at my overall expenses, the things I use daily, and my indulgences. Sometimes it was a bit shocking! Questions I asked myself at the end of the year include: Did I really spend that much time on my phone? How in the world am I ever going to pay off my student loan debt? Can I somehow cut down on my eating out/ordering in habit with so many delicious options in NYC? I spent how much on clothing?! Why have I never looked at the ingredients in this thing I use everyday?

And it is with that in mind, that I write my resolutions for 2019:

Pay off debt.
Pause before purchasing.
Save more.
Go green whenever possible.

Here's to a thrifty forward-thinking 2019!

No comments: