Alex has been handling a case that has allowed him to travel for work to Bermuda a number of times. The first time he left for the island, I jealously stayed behind in a very hot and sticky NYC. The second time he was called to Bermuda, I decided to tag along and I'm so glad I did!
In November 2018, we tacked a few days on to his work trip and took a mini vacation. This was the first beach time I'd had in a while. Usually, our vacations are action packed with full itineraries. This trip felt so luxurious (for me at least). I lounged around by the pool. I took a barre class and a Pilates class. I hit the gym. I hit the beach. I drank a cocktail before noon. I read an entire novel. It felt so indulgent!
Despite Alex's grueling work schedule, we managed to slip away for two nice dinners at the Waterlot Inn and Marcus Samuelsson's restaurant and one nice lunch at Devil's Isle.
It was fantastic to get away for a few days and trade the beginning of winter for a bit of sun.
When Alex was called away to Bermuda again at the beginning of June, I was unable to join him. I stayed behind and longed to be back in the land of pink sand.



No comments:
Post a Comment