At the end of 2009, I set a new years resolution for myself:
Do something each month that I've always wanted to do but have never done before.
I've succeeded!
Here are the 12 new things I've done in 2010:
January - I shot a gun
February - I saw I psychic
March - I went speed dating
April - I got a spray tan
May - I shopped at Dash Boutique in Miami (the Kardashian's retail store)
June - I had a taste of Korean BBQ
July - I tried my hand at hookah
August - I learned how to Belly Dance
September - I began practicing Bikram Yoga
October - I took a self defense class
November - I went to a New York Knicks game
December - I bought a real Christmas tree
2010 was a fun and exciting year. A lot has been going on in my busy life. I completed 3 sessions of grad school, continued to play in a bunch of orchestras, got a promotion, got a boyfriend, and managed to have a social life in this madness.
2011 is just days away and I am thinking of interesting and fun ideas for my 2011 new years resolution.
There are some concrete, set resolutions:
Graduate from The New School.
Take the next step in my career.
But I think it's very important to keep the surprise factor alive. It makes my life more interesting and forces me to step outside of my comfort zone. I'm confident that I'll cook up some fun goals for myself to work toward in 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment