Monday, March 14, 2011

The Beat Goes On




Back in December, I played The Nutcracker with the South Shore Symphony. A percussionist from the orchestra and I started chatting during one of the breaks. I had a boyfriend at the time so I didn't think much of it. He sent me an adorable e-mail asking me out a few days later and I followed up with a polite decline as I was spoken for. A few weeks later, Dennis and I broke up. I decided to take a chance and e-mail the percussionist back asking if he would still be interested in taking me out - He was!

We went on one really amazing date in January and 2 weeks later, another very fun date. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word, cute, smart, funny, artsy. I thought we had a lot of potential....until I didn't hear from him for 3 weeks.

Although he has a lot of great qualities, I won't be going out with him again even if he does pop up some time in the future. I can't have a boyfriend that is too flaky to call me. Plus, if he really was interested, he could take 10 seconds out of his day to send me a text letting me know that he is thinking about me. Is it too much to ask for a phone call these days?

I'll be marching to the beat of a different drummer...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You should definitely find someone that exhibits a lot of interest in the begining becuase as the days go by effort only wanes! If someone starts out at zero-- where is there to go from there?