Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You drive me crazy

I went on a first date with a guy last week. I picked the venue - a hip bar on the UES. Although he showed up late, I was in good spirits and decided to be open minded. He forgot my name but recovered gracefully. I ended up having a fun time and I decided to give this guy (who is very attractive, tall, and went to an ivy league school) another shot.

We met up at a bar around the corner. The conversation was going great and he treated me to a few beers. He walked me to my door and we were kissing in front of my building. I invited him up to my apartment since I didn't want to make a spectacle on the street - I made it very very clear that the only thing would be doing was kissing. Like any respectable guy, he told me that he respected that and would not try a thing. I believed him - he was extremely respectful. He came up and we kissed some more.

Then he said he had something to tell me - he has bipolar disorder and he's manic depressive. Not only that but he's never been in a relationship. In fact, he has trouble dating in general because he is so nervous and depressed about dating. After I explained that things would get better and he would be alright, he proceeded to get up, collect his things and leave. He made it clear that he was not interested in another date.

Lesson learned: Don't date a crazy.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

you must be kidding.