....and I feel fine!!!!!
2011 was a huge year for me - graduation from graduate school, break-ups, lots of bad dates, a new boyfriend, leaving my first job after college, starting a new job....
2012 marks the nice fresh start to a new year.
I am settled into my job at WCMC. Although I do like working in Development, my new work-place can be a bit catty at times (three girls in particular can by quite prickly). I really love my commute - 20 minutes tops from my apartment and only 15 minutes from Alex's apartment. At times I struggle with my boss - she is very moody. Some days she's an absolute joy to work for while others she reminds me of the horrible boss in The Devil Wears Prada.
The idea of staying in such a strict, corporate environment for a lifetime isn't very appealing to me. But for now I'm happy for the experience and the paycheck and the opportunity to MAYBE go back to school...
I have a steady significant other in my life and it feels incredible!
Alex is great. Things are new and exciting. We are enjoying our independent lives and our time together - we have a nice balance. It's all warm and fuzzy and romantic and lovey...and gross to listen to. I'm a firm believer keeping the gooey love stuff to myself. Nobody wants to hear the mushy crap. But I will say that I'm very happy and very lucky to have found someone who is so good to me.
Usually I think of something fun and exciting to work toward at the start of a new year. Last year I pledged to be a better New Yorker - and I was! Visiting many museums, trying out new restaurants, exploring the city more than I ever had in the past. But the idea of leaving things up in the air is exciting to me. So that brings me to my resolutions for 2012:
-Be more spontaneous!!
Who knows what can happen in 2012? I hope to report some spur of the moment excitement this year.
In addition, I plan to:
-Eat healthfully
-Run some more races
-Travel
-Read
-Spend less (financially)
-Consume less (environmentally)
-Journal
-Keep in touch with friends
-Spend time with my family
-Find "me" time in this busy life




3 comments:
cute post!
We spoiled you with all our boozing and goofery, didn't we? ;-)
It was great to finally meet your man! Next time we've got a par-tay (and you're given proper advance notice!), you should bring him!!!
You all totally spoiled me! I definitely miss my admissions work family. I would love to be at the next J-yard party!! And I'll bring Alex along too :)
Post a Comment