Alex had been throwing around the idea of taking a vacation together for a few months. I had been putting it off - one, because I was afraid to ask my new boss for the time (very lame of me). Two, because I don't get much vacation time and the thought of using the little vacation time I have banked so far makes me anxious. And three, taking such a big step with a boy kind of scared me.
But, I decided to throw caution to the wind - So we went ahead and booked a vacation.
In May, we'll be going to PARIS!!! It will be my first time in France and my first time away with a boyfriend. Alex, who is French, can hopefully help out with the navigation and language. I'm working on learning some French phrases (Alex's mom is fluent and we'll be meeting for a brunch/French lesson), picking out pieces to wear abroad (don't want to be a shabby American!), and reading up on Franch history and culture.
Our tentative vacation plans include a stay in Paris with day trips to Versailles, Normandy, the Louvre, and visits to the Eifel Tower, Champs Elysees, and Notre Dame. Then we will be traveling to the South of France to spend some time at the French Riviera.
I feel kinda like Belle from Beauty and the Beast -
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere."
Being with Alex is an adventure. (Although I most certainly wouldn't compare Alex to the Beast!!... Prince Charming, maybe?)
I have to admit - Alex has been doing a lot of the leg work while I gush about how awesome it will be to be in Paris. Paris!! I'll be in Paris! The most romantic city in the world with the guy I love. What could be better than that? And throwing in a trip to the French Riviera puts the icing on the cake.
Bonjour France!

3 comments:
Paris is AMAZING!! You are going to LOVE it!
Rock on! Post lotsa pics on Facebook! Eat some smelly cheese for me! :-)
Paris is going to be amazing, I am so jealous!
Post a Comment