I've been enjoying my first year of life after grad school. No essays. No homework. No late nights at the library or computer lab. I actually watch TV sometimes. I read books for fun. Sometimes, I don't do anything at all and just veg. It's great to have down time!
...But when I found out that WCMC offers tuition reimbursement, I asked around the office to see who was taking advantage of it. After getting some feedback from other girls in the office, and with the encouragement of my boss, I decided to take the plunge and dive back into the academic pool.
I knew I didn't want another master's degree - I would burn out in a day. Although I love the idea of being a serious student, I know that with a more hectic schedule at my job (compared to my sweet sweet summer Fridays at Juilliard), I would be completely fried if I took on too much.
So, I enrolled in NYU's Professional Certificate in Fundraising at the prestigious Heyman Center for Philanthropy and Fundraising. The program itself should take me about a year to complete. It consists of 7 courses and then I'll have earned the certificate! I've decided to slowly ease back into the grind of schoolwork with just one class on my agenda during the summer - Fundraising Concepts and Pracices: Develop a Fundraising Plan. It only meets 10 times on Thursday nights. Sessions are held all the way down town in the Financial District (ick). But on the bright side, it forces me to explore that area of the city so hopefully I'll be a pro at navigating a new section of Manhattan soon enough.
I love being emersed in academia and I'm excited to (once again) be a student.


No comments:
Post a Comment