Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Partly because of all of the delicious food. Partly because it's officially socially acceptable to turn on the holiday tunes. But mainly because I get to spend time with my family. I cook all day with my mom while watching the parade (followed by whatever cheesy Christmas movie is on tv). It's really special to me - especially since I don't live at home. This is the time when me and my mom talk about all of the important stuff - my future, the family, life's ups and downs. I'm very much looking forward to some time at home this year.
Not only do I love listening to holiday music, but also I absolutely LOVE playing holiday music! Next weekend will be full of the Nutcracker with performances Friday, 3 December 2010 at 8 PM, Saturday, 4 December 2010 at 5 PM, and Sunday, 5 December 2010 at 4 PM.
The semester is winding to an end and my schedule is as busy as ever but I think it's important to take a few minutes to think about all of the things that I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
-A fabulous apartment all to myself.
-Wonderful friends.
-A supportive and caring family.
-Good health.
-A boyfriend who treats me right and who I love very much.
-A job that allows for me to also be in graduate school.
-My graduate school education.
-The opportunity to be an actively playing musician.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment