December - I bought my very first REAL CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!
Yesterday was the first day where it felt freezing in New York City. The wind was whipping and there were patches of ice on the streets. On my way home from work I was exhausted and overwhelmed with the finals I have coming up. I knew just what would cheer me up - a little Christmas spirit.
Like in many other places around Manhattan, a Christmas tree vendor set up shop on 71st and 1st complete with trees, stands, and a trailer full of Christmas stuff. Right around my corner. Perfection!
I browsed the trees and smelled all of the wintry goodness. There was a line-up of tiny little trees that would fit just right into my studio. I picked out the smallest, cutest tree and the vendors helped me put it onto its stand.
Now, my naked little Christmas tree needs to be decorated. I couldn't be more excited for lights, a star, tinsel, ornaments, sparkles, glitter, candy canes, strung popcorn...then again my tree is only a 3-footer so maybe I'll keep it simple.
1 comment:
good luck decorating your first tree. I got a Poinsettia and called it a day.
Post a Comment