Usually, I space out and run along the East River to clear my head. But this was totally different. There were celebrities there to kick us off - Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Nate Berkus, Dr. Oz, and Jimmy Fallon. Tons of confetti came raining down from the sky when the clock started. I was pumped.
In 28 minutes, I ran from Times Square to the middle of Central Park at 71st Street...Although I'm not sure that the run was for the full 3.1 miles since that was the best time I have ever achieved. I was the novice runner of the bunch so I finished last but I was just happy to have gotten through it in good time. I will admit that I did grab a cup of water from one of the water stations and that slowed me down for a minute or so. I never thought that I would like running, but I actually really enjoy it. It clears my head and it's a great work out.
After the run, we stopped at tents to pick up our swag which included snacks, a water bottle, and a lipstick. I walked home feeling great.

I ran in support of my aunt Iris, a cancer survivor, and raised $335 toward women's cancer research! Thanks to everyone who contributed!
3 comments:
Congrats on the good running time.
Glad you finished! Good job.
Thanks guys!!
Post a Comment