Valentine's Day has always been a favorite of mine. It's the perfect excuse to eat chocolate and wear red. Last year, I remember feeling very alone and very sad about the failed relationship that I had just ended. This year I'm grateful to have awesome friends who got me through that difficult time and a wonderful new boyfriend to celebrate with.
As a gift to Alex, I cooked him a delicious meal.
Heart-shaped ravioli with tomato sauce and chicken parm (with a side salad not shown).
And as a gag gift, I got him a pet rock - complete with a leash! The back story: After a TV special on silly vintage toys, we laughed our heads off at the segment about the pet rocks. We are quite the goofy couple. The week before Valentine's Day, I received many pictures of large fish because that's what he joked he would get me if I told him what was on the Valentine's Day menu and ruined the surprise. He makes me laugh. And who doesn't love a guy with a good sense of humor?
He gave me three guide books about France - one about Paris, one about the French Riviera, and one about French wine. I was so impressed with his thoughtful gift. Each book has beautiful pictures and so much information. I can't wait to read them all as we map out our trip!
2 comments:
SO adorable, I love all of this - the story, the meal, the thoughtful gifts. You guys are such a great couple and I am glad you make each other laugh :)
Thanks, Rebecca! :) xoxo
Post a Comment