I finally completed the Certificate in Fundraising I had started back in 2012.
It's been a long road taking all 7 courses and getting to the finish line. Weill Cornell paid for the first class...and then I got laid off so my studies fell to the wayside. Roundabout didn't offer tuition reimbursement but gave me time off and a $20 stipend to take one (and only one) class. 2 out of 7 in the bag. But with the measly salary of a theater employee, I couldn't continue on. Luckily, Lincoln Center paid for the remaining 5 classes, which I took over the last 2 years. And now I'm done!
There's no pomp and circumstance surrounding the completion of the certificate. I submitted a form online and the certificate arrived in the mail.
It's pretty anticlimactic. For me, there's always been something exciting about graduation ceremonies. A chance to take a day to appreciate all the hard work I've put in and reflect on all I've accomplished. Putting on a crazy hat and dressing up like an owl with my classmates at my side. It's a rite of passage.
I'm always hungry to learn and grow. Both personally and professionally. While I'm done with this program at NYU, I'll likely be pursuing some other academic endeavor in the near future. I'll always be a student at heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment