Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Game. Set. Match.
Match.com is advertised as the number 1 dating site. I had been on match.com for about 9 months. I had met 4 potential matches through this site (1, 2, 3, 4).
Clearly, none of them worked out.
After 6 months of unsuccessful matching, the company gave me another 6 months for free. It's a great perk. It's good customer service. However, it didn't change my results.
My typical match.com experience:
Mediocre guys send generic e-mails to me. Each day I sort through 6 profiles of potential matches that I receive from match.com. Each day I am "maybe interested" in one or two of them. Rarely am I actually interested in any of them. The IM function on the site works very poorly - I don't use it. Occasionally, someone will anonymously express interest in me. Occasionally, someone will "wink" at me. Rarely do I receive quality, heart-felt, well thought out e-mails from guys who I think have potential. When I do, the dates do not go well.
Maybe this site is full of shy guys. Maybe on match.com girls are more aggressive in their pursuits. If that is the case, then this site isn't for me. I'm definitely the not the pursuer type. I'm the old-fashioned "the-guy-must-pursue-me" type.
About a month ago, when I took down my profile, I felt the same pang that I feel when I try the latest diet fad and only lose 5 pounds after a grueling few weeks of starvation. The commercials always seem so promising and the first dates depicted in those 30 second time slots seem like they have so much potential. But my experience just didn't match up.
Luckily, I had already met a great guy on J-date. And while the dating game may be over for me, I feel that I came out a winner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
"Luckily, I had already met a great guy on J-date."
...whom I've yet to meet (hint, hint). ;-)
Post a Comment